Thursday 24 November 2011

Do it like a dude....

Just a little project I am doing for a feature. Task: wear three different outfits incorporating items of clothing belonging to a male that I know. Result: Three new items added to my wardrobe, with or without consent. Using a Jumper of my boyfriends, this shirt belonging to my brother and this jacket: my fathers- I went on my merry way. I have never been adverse to boyfriend dressing.. we all love a good oversized blazer or t-shirt, but this project was building a whole outfit around these three garments- as a way to adhere to sustainable fashion. Eco-clothing fads come thick and fast- 'swishing' being the most recent- I like the idea but the thought of someone else rifling through my- albeit discarded- clothes makes me want to cry, and I'm not sure I have the energy to sift through the inevitable tat and swap it for my lovingly used clothes. So opting for something a little closer to home- that 'jumper when I'm cold' or 'shirt to sleep in' have become wardrobe staples. Men do have their uses ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment