Tuesday 8 November 2011

Fashion fades, style is forever...

Forgive a moment while I collect myself as I have been left completely dumbstruck by the news that follows... Karl Largerfeld and Carine Roitfeld - long standing friends with a well publicised relationship- I gushed here about their collaboration over the new Chanel advert featuring Freja Beha Erichsen,. It would appear that this utterly inspirational duo are releasing a book.... (cue pause for jaws to be re-attached to faces) Rumoured for a long time by non other that Roitfeld, evidence has emerged via the latest issue of V magazine that it is indeed true! The issue in question has published some images from the book, still in production, which features stylish women and men- Dakota fanning, Daphne Groeneveld and Saskia de Brauw to name a few. The shoot focuses on the iconic Chanel tweed jacket and the re-working of it *genius* styled by Roitfeld and shot by Largerfeld... I know that I am not alone when I say... I wait with breath that is baited. "This jacket is a vital and irrational impulse open to creativity and transformation," Lagerfeld explains, adding: "Especially in the hands of Carine Roitfeld."

No comments:

Post a Comment